Chanakya was an Indian teacher, economist, philosopher, jurist and royal advisor. Chanakya is traditionally identified as Kauṭilya or Vishnugupt, who authored the ancient Indian political treatise, the Arthashastra. Here we are mentioning 8 great thought from the book Chankaya Neeti based on experience. 22most brilliant mind thoughts.
- A wicked wife, a false friend, a saucy servant and living in a house with a serpent in it are nothing but death.
- One should save his money against hard times, save his wife at the sacrifice of his riches, but invariably one should save his soul even at the sacrifice of his wife and riches.
- Save your wealth against future calamity. Do not say, “What fear has a rich man, of calamity?” When riches begin to forsake one even the accumulated stock dwindles away.
- Do not inhabit a country where you are not respected, cannot earn your livelihood, have no friends, or cannot acquire knowledge.
- Do not stay for a single day where there are not these five persons: a wealthy man, a brahmin well versed in Vedic lore, a king, a river and a physician.
- Wise men should never go into a country where there are no means of earning one’s livelihood, where the people have no dread of anybody, have no sense of shame, no intelligence, or a charitable disposition.
- He is a true friend who does not forsake us in time of need, misfortune, famine, or war, in a king’s court, or at the crematorium (smasana).
- Do not put your trust in rivers, men who carry weapons, beasts with claws or horns, women, and members of a royal family.
Also Read : – How to boost your Willpower?